Jun 25, 2008

Adweek!


Adweek ran a version of my popular piece "Your Brand Is Not My Friend" (albeit with a slightly different headline) on Monday in both the online and offline (print) editions. I was particularly thrilled because it's a chance to get my ideas in front of a brand-new audience, especially those marketers and agency types who don't read blogs.

And as the above chart indicates, they seem to like it.

Like a reformed tax-and-spend politician who's suddenly seen the light, ad agencies are busy telling anyone who'll listen that they're not about selling anymore.

No, what they're into now is "storytelling" and "conversation." Because you see, consumers aren't really customers anymore. They're friends. But come on guys, who are you really fooling? Your brand is not my friend. READ THE REST ON ADWEEK.COM

No comments: