Jan 25, 2009

Tipping Point

Now that a goodly percentage of my Facebook friends are people who don't work in advertising, marketing or anything remotely related, I've stopped having Twitter automatically update my Facebook status.

The result is my Facebook status updates are mostly about broader life events while my Twitter updates are primarily work related.

It's a bit more work, but I find that my friends and family members are now actually reading my Facebook updates (and commenting on them) rather than dismissing them as "more of Alan's work-related geekery." And since I finally figured out how to link Facebook to Delicious, I can share articles I like without overwhelming people, since Facebook posts them as a list. (A trick I learned from Noah Brier, who I often joke serves as my personal online librarian.)

Not sure if this is a harbinger of things to come or my own personal tic, but curious to hear how others are bridging the gap.

No comments: